- Publishing on KDP (Amazon)
- One-on-One Mentoring
- Editing & Ghostwriting
- Website Copy Editing and Content Writing
Two-Hour Consultation: $250
- Discuss all author concerns.
- Look at ways the manuscript could be improved.
- Develop a plan for publication.
Note: This fee may be reduced to $125 for phone consultation only, without manuscript evaluation and prepared comments.
Graphic Design: $350
- Produce a professional book cover using a vast resource of graphic design options.
- Support the author in creating excellent back-cover copy.
Print-Ready Cover and Content: $1250
- Format the text and margins suitable for Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP).
- Fix composition errors that are common in word processors.
- Create a title page, copyright page, and index.
- Use a professional type style that is typical for traditionally published books.
- Create a print-ready pdf file for the book contents meeting KDP requirements.
- Coach the author as needed in setting up a KDP account, defining book specifications, and uploading the cover and contents.
- Pictures must be placed and resized at a cost of $5 each.
- Complete the layout for a print-ready high-resolution pdf cover file suitable for publishing on KDP.
Note: This fee will be reduced when Frank’s editing services are purhased, allowing some formatting to be completed during the editing process.
Seminars, classes, and how-to books are a great help, but there’s nothing better than the individual attention from a writing professional to boost your writing skills to the next level. Just a little one-on-one mentoring can guide your unique way of thinking and help you break through to a more captivating storytelling style.
- Send Frank up to 2,000 words of your manuscript in a Microsoft Word attachment.
- Pay the $249 cost online.
- Frank spends many hours reading your manuscript and itemizing how and where the writing can be improved. He documents substantive editing tips, critique advice, and rewrite suggestions that are emailed back to you.
- You and Frank can then follow up with a private 60-minute Zoom consultation to highlight key strengths and weaknesses and answer questions.
Ghostwriting / Collaboration / Co-authoring
Converting audio recordings, conducting interviews, and doing research to produce the author’s message in book form.
Rewriting the author’s manuscript for a professional presentation in the author’s voice.
A comprehensive look at the manuscript for structure and clarity. Maintaining the author’s voice, resolve issues with effective storytelling, point of view, transitions, dialog, scene details, character development, flow, and pacing. Tighten the message by reducing redundancies and cutting words that state the obvious.
Make significant improvements in sentence structure for better clarity. Look for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
The last step in preparing a manuscript for publication, after the text has been drafted, rewritten, and edited to make it the best you can afford. Correcting overlooked punctuation, grammar, and spelling errors.
- 250 words: .42
- 500 words: .28
- 1,000 words: .213
- 2,500 words: .174
- 5,000 words: .162
- 10,000 words: .156
- 25,000 words: .152
- 50,000 words: .150
- 250 words: .219
- 500 words: .121
- 1,000 words: .074
- 2,500 words: .038
- 5,000 words: .034
- 10,000 words: .054
- 25,000 words: .031
- 50,000 words: .030
- 250 words: .266
- 500 words: .154
- 1,000 words: .100
- 2,500 words: .069
- 5,000 words: .059
- 10,000 words: .054
- 25,000 words: .052
- 50,000 words: .050
- 250 words: .182
- 500 words: .098
- 1,000 words: .058
- 2,500 words: .034
- 5,000 words: .027
- 10,000 words: .023
- 25,000 words: .021
- 50,000 words: .020
“Wow! You found hundreds of little ways to make the story tighter! I just finished going through your edits, and I loved all your suggestions. Thanks a million, Frank! You are such a mechanic with this. Everything you pointed out made perfect sense. Thanks for making the story more powerful!” — Tim Shoemaker
“Frank Ball is not only the editor I trust with my own writing, he is the editor I recommend to anyone who comes to me for a referral. He is the best kind of word nerd and a master at his craft.” — Thomas Umstattd Jr.
Frank’s hours are 100 percent focused on your project, with no interruptions allowed, not even a trip to the bathroom. So you get the maximum value for his effort, which is payable at $125.00 per hour.
Unpredictable variables make per-page pricing impossible.
If you submit your materials and requirements, Frank will give you a free estimate of what the total costs would be. The project can be split into affordable payments, payable at the beginning of each stage of the process. At any point, you have the option of discontinuing or delaying the project’s completion.
You should plan to do as much work yourself as is possible, so the amount of time Frank must spend will be greatly reduced.