The Bible is a treasure without value until shared insights unlock its truths and change our lives.
Here’s what healthy discussions can do:
- Bring truth to the level of personal experience.
- Put mouths into gear so minds don’t have a chance to drift off the road.
- Consider possibilities that support the best choices.
- Test whether assumptions are really true.
- Benefit from the viewpoints of others.
- Learn to appreciate our God-given differences.
- Affirm the worth of others.
- Develop a stronger sense of community.
- Stimulate cognitive and exploratory learning.
- Let people feel greater motivation as they arrive at their own conclusions.
In private meditation or group interactions, thought-provoking questions can stir our passion to know the Lord better. As we move closer to him, others may be drawn to the same waters of everlasting life that we enjoy.